On May 14, 2020, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) published voluntary guidance that provides checklists for reopening certain workplaces and activities. The decision tools state that “[i]t is important to check with state and local health officials and other partners to determine the most appropriate actions while adjusting to meet the unique needs and circumstances of the local community.” The following decision tools were published:
- Workplaces During the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Child Care Programs During the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Restaurants and Bars During the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Youth Programs and Camps During the COVID-19 Pandemic; and
- Public Health Considerations for Reopening Mass Transit During the COVID-19 Pandemic (which also states that “[m]ass transits is critical for many Americans to commute to/from work and to access essential goods and services. Mass transit may need to remain open and certain routes prioritized).
Norton Rose Fulbright attorneys will continue to provide relevant updates for healthcare providers on the Health Law Pulse during the COVID-19 public health crisis.