The monthly newsletter will provide a quick overview of legal issues affecting food safety, including the enactment of new statutes and regulations and significant case law developments, in the US and abroad.
In this issue:
- FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, M.D. to step down
- Obama earmarks $1.6 billion for food-safety efforts in 2016 budget
- US District Court dismisses challenge to USDA’s new Poultry Inspection System
- FDA and Big Data: increased surveillance through GenomeTrakr Database & Sentinel Initiative
- Interstate Commerce Bill reintroduced
- Legislation introduced to give FSIS mandatory recall authority
- FDA warning: there may be milk in your dark chocolate
- February FDA warning letter update
*Savannah Wiseman is admitted only in Texas. Practice supervised by principals of the firm admitted in the District of Columbia.