On May 20, 2014, the US House of Representatives’ Committee on Ways and Means, Subcommittee on Health, held a hearing on “Current Hospital Issues in the Medicare Program.”
Topics discussed included short hospital stays, the two-midnight rule and observation care. Witnesses were:
- Sean Cavanaugh, Deputy Administrator and Director, Center of Medicare, CMS;
- Jodi Nudelman, Regional Inspector General for Evaluation and Inspections, NY Region, Office of the Inspector General, Department of Health and Human Services;
- Amy Deutschendorf, Senior Director of Clinical Resource Management, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System;
- Ellen Evans, MD, Corporate Medical Director, HealthDataInsights;
- Ann Sheehy, MD, Member Public Policy Committee, Society of Hospital Medicine; and
- Toby S. Edelman, Senior Policy Attorney, Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc.
Read Chairman Brady’s hearing advisory and witness written testimony.